Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Introduction for my "Classic Salmon Fly" blog

This is my blog to share some of the classicsalmon flies that I have tied. Most are based on patterns that were fished for salmon in the late 19th century but are mostly tied for creative purposes by modern tyers (or salmon fly dressers) and more will see the wall than see the water. Some of these flies are called freestyle or artistic which allows the tyer more freedom with the pattern and can be of any style limited only by the tyer's imagination. My purpose for this blog is to share to share some information about the history and construction of these flies along with some of the flies that I have tied.

Shown below is my most recent fly the Bulldawg tied on an 8/0 hook inspired by my alma mater the University of Georgia. Go Dawgs!

No comments: